Tuesday, April 3, 2012

In Response to Kristen's Post

Kristen's Question: Have you ever been influenced to purchase something, or to go see a movie because of social media marketing? Do you think it is a productive way of marketing now a days?


Personally, I think that social media is a fantastic way for marketers to get their product noticed. Almost everyone has a Facebook now, ranging from middle-schoolers to middle-aged people trying to connect with people from their pasts. Seeing ads and statuses on Facebook about products can influence others to try the product or to see the movie, etc. 


I know that I would be more inclined to go see a movie or to buy a product if I saw it on Facebook. The ads show you how many of your friends have liked the product and knowing that your friends are indulging in the product makes you more willing to partake in it as well.






I had heard about the Hunger Games, the topic of Kristen's post, from friends and my siblings, but I didn't think much of it until I saw it explode on Facebook. When all of my Facebook friends had statuses about the Hunger Games, I was intrigued and wanted to see what all the hype was about. I hadn't planned on seeing the movie until I saw the hype on Facebook. I think social media is the best way for marketers to get their products known, especially when we can fast forward through commercials, or we mute the TV or change the channel when the commercials come on. This is the best way for companies to get themselves known.


If you were a company trying to get recognized, do you think you would be more apt to use print advertising and billboards, or would you be more likely to make ads for Facebook and Twitter?

No comments:

Post a Comment